Current:Home > NewsRekubit Exchange:Taylor Swift Seen for First Time Since Canceling Austria Concerts Over Terrorist Plot -Quantum Capital Pro
Rekubit Exchange:Taylor Swift Seen for First Time Since Canceling Austria Concerts Over Terrorist Plot
Indexbit View
Date:2025-04-06 10:22:15
Taylor Swift is Rekubit Exchangegetting ready to begin again after a major scare.
The Grammy winner stepped out for the first time since canceling her shows in Austria due to a terrorist plot, exiting an August 13 gathering for her Eras Tour staff at London’s private club Annabel’s. Her event came just two days before she takes the stage to continue her tour in London on August 15.
Meanwhile, the shows that were scheduled for Vienna on Aug. 8, Aug. 9, and Aug. 10, were all cancelled after authorities confirmed at least two men had planned to carry out terrorist attacks at the city’s Ernst-Happel-Stadion soccer stadium during the sold-out shows.
While Swift has not commented publicly about the foiled attacks or the cancellations, authorities and governmental officials from Austria have been updating the public on the investigation’s development.
A 19-year-old Austrian man was taken into custody Aug. 8 alongside a 17-year-old Austrian man, the Head of Austria's Directorate of State Security and Intelligence Omar Haijawi-Pirchner shared during a press conference that day.
Haijawi-Pirchner also confirmed that the 19-year-old confessed that he’d planned to kill himself and a “large” number of people during the event and that authorities found materials including homemade explosives in his home.
He likewise noted that the 17-year-old was hired by a company providing unspecified services at the concert venue only days before the concerts were scheduled to occur.
Now, ahead of the Eras Tour London leg, authorities are taking preventative measures to ensure concertgoers’ safety.
According to Wembley Stadium’s website, the venue noted “no one is allowed to stand outside any entrance or on the Olympic Steps at the front of the stadium,” while fans without tickets will be asked to “move on.” Camping also has been prohibited at the stadium and fans with tickets will be allowed into the stadium earlier than usual.
While she has yet to comment on the planned attack, Swift has previously spoken about her fear around something like this occurring, in light of attacks that have occurred at concerts. In 2017, a suicide bomber attacked Ariana Grande’s concert in Manchester and that same year, a shooting occurred at a music festival in Las Vegas, both events killing dozens of concertgoers.
"After the Manchester Arena bombing and the Vegas concert shooting," Swift told Elle in 2019, "I was completely terrified to go on tour this time because I didn't know how we were going to keep 3 million fans safe over seven months. There was a tremendous amount of planning, expense, and effort put into keeping my fans safe." And although her fear of violence has continued in her personal life, she doesn't want it to control her.
"Every day I try to remind myself of the good in the world, the love I've witnessed, and the faith I have in humanity," Swift continued. "We have to live bravely in order to truly feel alive, and that means not being ruled by our greatest fears."
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (78246)
Related
- Federal Spending Freeze Could Have Widespread Impact on Environment, Emergency Management
- Endangered red wolf can make it in the wild, but not without `significant’ help, study says
- What to know about student loan repayments during a government shutdown
- Kourtney Kardashian's Friends Deny Kim's Claim They're in Anti-Kourtney Group Chat
- 2025 'Doomsday Clock': This is how close we are to self
- Inflation drops to a two-year low in Europe. It offers hope, but higher oil prices loom
- Fire destroys Jamie Wyeth paintings, damages historic buildings, in Maine
- Ex-Justice Department official Jeffrey Clark can’t move Georgia case to federal court, a judge says
- IRS recovers $4.7 billion in back taxes and braces for cuts with Trump and GOP in power
- Court denies bid by former Justice Department official Jeffrey Clark to move 2020 election case to federal court
Ranking
- Paula Abdul settles lawsuit with former 'So You Think You Can Dance' co
- Checking in With Maddie Ziegler and the Rest of the Dance Moms Cast
- Dianne Feinstein, California senator who broke glass ceilings, dies at 90
- New York man who served 18 years for murder acquitted at 2nd trial
- Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Triathlon
- California governor rejects bill to give unemployment checks to striking workers
- Virginia ex-superintendent convicted of misdemeanor in firing of teacher
- Borrowers are reassessing their budgets as student loan payments resume after pandemic pause
Recommendation
California DMV apologizes for license plate that some say mocks Oct. 7 attack on Israel
Northern Arizona University plans to launch a medical school amid a statewide doctor shortage
Unbeaten Syracuse has chance to get off to 5-0 start in hosting slumping ACC rival Clemson
Endangered red wolf can make it in the wild, but not without `significant’ help, study says
Former Danish minister for Greenland discusses Trump's push to acquire island
Dad who won appeal in college admissions bribery case gets 6 months home confinement for tax offense
Federal agency sues Chipotle after a Kansas manager allegedly ripped off an employee’s hijab
'Saw Patrol' is on a roll! Are the 'Paw Patrol' sequel and 'Saw X' the new 'Barbenheimer'?