Current:Home > FinanceTeen Mom's Jenelle Evans Reacts After Son Jace Says He Feels "Safer" Without Her Ex David Eason -Quantum Capital Pro
Teen Mom's Jenelle Evans Reacts After Son Jace Says He Feels "Safer" Without Her Ex David Eason
Burley Garcia View
Date:2025-04-07 06:35:50
Jenelle Evans is ready for her family to move forward.
After splitting from David Eason following six years of marriage, the Teen Mom 2 alum sat down with her 15-year-old son Jace Evans—who she shares with ex Andrew Lewis—to see how he was handling her estranged husband's absence.
"I feel a lot safer," Jace told Jenelle in a clip of MTV's Teen Mom: The Next Chapter season finale shared to TikTok Sept. 13, "without David."
He added, "He's gone now. I'm, like, fine."
And the matriarch—who is also mom to Kaiser, 9, from a previous relationship, and daughter Ensley, 7, with David—was able to breathe a sigh of relief in return. "I'm sorry it didn't happen sooner," Jenelle said, "but I was trying."
And while she was happy that Jace felt more comfortable in their new normal, the 16 & Pregnant alum wanted to clear the air on any lingering emotions her son might feel about her relationship with David, who she previously described as "emotionally abusive."
She asked Jace, "Do you feel any anger or resentment towards me?"
For the teenager, the answer wasn't a simple yes or no. "[At] the time, I did," Jace explained, "but now that we're out of all this crazy drama, it's just calm. Everything is good now."
Jenelle filed a complaint for separation from David in a North Carolina court back in March, according to documents obtained by The Sun at the time. In the filing, the 32-year-old said that the pair called it quits with "the intent that the separation be permanent" and alleged that David had "exhibited concerning and at times disturbing behavior" toward her throughout their marriage.
The request came three months after David was indicted by a grand jury on child abuse charges stemming from a September 2023 incident between him and Jace, which are still pending. David has since denied all the allegations in a statement to E! News, saying, "I can not elaborate on any of that at this time but I can tell you that those things did not happen."
As for Jenelle, she filed a restraining order against David in May and has since cited gaining full custody of Jace from her mom Barbara Evans in March 2023 as the main catalyst for deciding to walk away from their marriage.
"I didn't want anything, anything to come in between that," Jenelle told E! News in June, adding of David, "So for him to come in between that, it was just a real breaking point for me as well. I've been at the battle for Jace for years, and it's like, he's finally here. So I'm not messing that up."
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (369)
Related
- McConnell absent from Senate on Thursday as he recovers from fall in Capitol
- Shohei Ohtani makes history with MLB's first 50-homer, 50-steal season
- Extra 25% Off Everything at Kate Spade Outlet: Get a $500 Tote Set for $111, $26 Wallets, $51 Bags & More
- Jerome Oziel, therapist who heard Menendez brothers' confession, portrayed in Netflix show
- Global Warming Set the Stage for Los Angeles Fires
- NFL analyst Cris Collinsworth to sign contract extension with NBC Sports, per report
- The Midwest could offer fall’s most electric foliage but leaf peepers elsewhere won’t miss out
- Penn State removes its student newspaper racks over concerns about political ads
- New Zealand official reverses visa refusal for US conservative influencer Candace Owens
- Robinson will not appear at Trump’s North Carolina rally after report on alleged online comments
Ranking
- Federal court filings allege official committed perjury in lawsuit tied to Louisiana grain terminal
- Norway’s Plan for Seabed Mining Threatens Arctic Marine Life, Greenpeace Says
- Aaron Rodgers isn't a savior just yet, but QB could be just what Jets need
- The politics of immigration play differently along the US-Mexico border
- Federal appeals court upholds $14.25 million fine against Exxon for pollution in Texas
- NFL analyst Cris Collinsworth to sign contract extension with NBC Sports, per report
- Poll shows young men in the US are more at risk for gambling addiction than the general population
- Married at First Sight's Jamie Otis Gives Birth, Welcomes Twins With Doug Hehner
Recommendation
Rylee Arnold Shares a Long
Man accused in shootings near homeless encampments in Minneapolis
Carrie Coon insists she's not famous. 'His Three Daughters' might change that.
The Truth About Christopher Reeve and Dana Reeve's Awe-Inspiring Love Story
Dick Vitale announces he is cancer free: 'Santa Claus came early'
Pakistan suspends policemen applauded by locals for killing a blasphemy suspect
Best used cars under $10,000: Sedans for car shoppers on a budget
Court takes ‘naked ballots’ case over Pennsylvania mail-in voting